rib powerboating experience review
Fancy speeding down the River Thames on a Powerboat?
This RIB powerboating experience was booked through Red Letter Days and we began our experience by making our way down to the pier where we were greeted and given life jackets. We then had a quick safety talk before boarding the boat.
Note: There are no toilets on the pier so make sure you go beforehand - the powerboating experience lasts about 50 minutes.
We boarded the red power boat and sat in rows of two, it was then time to depart. The boat can only do a certain speed whilst in the main sections of the River Thames, but once it is past the Police boat station the boat was then allowed to accelerate to top speed.
Our driver happened to be an ex-river Policeman so we knew we were in for an excellent ride. The boat goes through some amazing twists and turns at speed with the wind in your hair – whilst a classic soundtrack is playing. This includes such classics as the Baywatch theme tune, Miami Vice theme and lots more.
After about 20 minutes of power boating the boat turns around and it takes you leisurely down the length of the Thames. You will pass such classic landmarks as the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf, with unrivalled views of Tate Modern, St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London along the way. Whilst passing the landmarks the excellent on-board guide describes lots of hidden gems about the Thames itself and the building and bridges whilst more music is played.
After around 50 minutes the boat brings you back to the pier and you disembark. It's got to be said this is an excellent experience and I can thoroughly recommend it. Its great value for a 50 minute experience and it's not just about speeding along, you also get a brilliant tour of the Thames with a brilliant guide.
Don't be worried about the speed aspect of the powerboating either, it is nice and fast but never once did I feel scared or worried about the experience, it was just thrilling.
RIB Powerboating Experiences
1. Coastal Powerboating in Padstow, Cornwall
2. RIB Powerboating Blast in Brighton
3. RIB Powerboating Adventure
4. Coastal Powerboating for Two in Padstow, Cornwall
5. Thames Rockets Evening Powerboating Experience with Cocktails for Two
Experience a thrilling evening on board a Thames Rocket Powerboat listening to the sounds of summer from a DJ whilst spotting the sights - cocktails included!
6. Thames Rockets Evening Powerboating Experience for Two with Seasonal Drinks - Special Offer
Hold on tight as you blast along the River Thames in a speedy powerboat. Enjoy seasonal drinks for two and a revamped soundtrack.
7. RIB Powerboating Blast for Two in Brighton
8. Thames Rockets Evening Powerboating with Seasonal Drinks for Two, London
9. Thames Rockets Evening Powerboating Experience with Seasonal Drinks for Two
Propel down the River Thames in a at blistering Rockets powerboat with seasonal drinks for two and summer soundtracks from a top Hackney DJ.
10. Family Thames Rockets Powerboating Experience - Special Offer
Speed up and down the River Thames on a Rocket powerboat for a fun-filled family day out!
11. Thames Rocket Powerboating and Afternoon Tea for Two in London
12. Family Thames Rocket Powerboating, London
13. Family Thames Rockets Powerboating Experience
Hurtle up and down the Thames on a Rocket powerboat, for a fun-filled family day out!