Gordon ramsay's petrus restaurant experience review
My review of the Gordon Ramsay's Petrus Restaurant, London
Gordon Ramsay's Petrus restaurant is tucked away in a quiet corner of Knightsbridge (well it was on a Saturday). We booked about 4-6 weeks before the experience date. We booked a Saturday lunchtime and on the day we arrived for our 5 course tasting lunch (which was booked for 12.30)about 10 minutes early but where shown to our table straight away.
We were presented with the wine menu, and our 5 course tasting menu which was all explained to us and we were asked if we had any questions. We began with our included glassed of champagne, and then chose a glass of red and white wine from the wine list together with a bottle of Evian.
This was fine dining at its best, a very formal experience. Though we did notice that once the restaurant began to fill up (don't worry it's not a large restaurant) and everyone had a wine or two the atmosphere became more relaxing and less sterile.
We began with the amuse which was a very bubbly aerated dish with amazing flavour.
Each course was brought to the table on a tray with the server then explaining what each dish was. Periodically water and wine were topped up and we did not feel rushed at all.
The first course was an amazing silky smooth pate shaped like an egg with fresh green beans around it. It came with a type of fried / barbecued bread, which when both items where put together - the taste was amazing, perhaps one of my favourite courses.
The second course was a refreshing salad with a mixture of red and green tomatoes.
The third and main course was a pork chop based dish with strips of crackling, cuttlefish, pineapple and black pudding. The pork was cooked very slowly in a bain marie and so had a very strange jelly like texture to it - it was not to my wives taste, but I quite enjoyed it. Although we both agreed this course had too many different flavours in it. We don't think the pineapple really worked and the black pudding was not eaten by either of us.
The fourth cleansing palette course before the main dessert was very refreshing with frozen watermelon, mint and other fresh fruits. Unfortunately I was half way through eating it before I remembered to take a photo.
The fifth course and main dessert was a silky smooth dark chocolate shaped block with shards of honeycomb and ice cream. Amazing and really rich tasting.
During the 5 course menu and extra cheese board was brought to the table on a trolley, we felt we did not need it although I did see it contained around 8 cheeses with an added room temperature brie and a warmed brie (it was charged as an extra at around £10 per person).
At the end of the meal we were presented with a bill which included an optional 12.5% service charge. The bill will also show your experience voucher value and any other additions that you had with your meal. With the bill came some salted caramel chocolate balls in a silver bowl.
Overall, this was an exceptional fine dining experience at Gordon Ramsay's Petrus restaurant. The food was excellent and so was the service and depth of knowledge about the courses. We would return.
Our Five Course Tasting Menu experience at Gordon Ramsay's Petrus was purchased from Red Letter Days.
Visit date: July 2016
Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Experiences
1. Three-Course Lunch at Gordon Ramsay's London House for Two
2. Three-Course Meal with Bellini for Two at Gordon Ramsay's York and Albany
3. Three-Course Meal for Two at Gordon Ramsay's The Narrow, London
4. Three-Course Meal for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Union Street Cafe
5. Three-Course Meal and Cocktail for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Heddon Street Kitchen
6. Cocktail Masterclass with Sharing Platter for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Union Street Cafe
7. Afternoon Tea with Prosecco for Two at Gordon Ramsay's York and Albany
8. Three-Course Pre-Theatre Dinner for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill, London
9. Cocktail Masterclass with Sharing Platter for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Heddon Street Kitchen
10. Bottomless Prosecco Brunch for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen
11. Cocktail Masterclass with Sharing Platter for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen
12. Three Courses with Bellini at Gordon Ramsay's York and Albany and London Zoo for Two
13. Three-Course Lunch with Champagne for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill, London
14. The View from The Shard and Meal for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Union Street Cafe
15. Bottomless Prosecco Brunch for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Union Street Cafe
16. Gin Masterclass with Sharing Platter for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Bread Street Kitchen
17. Sharing Menu with Champagne for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Maze Grill
18. Cocktail Masterclass at Gordon Ramsay's Union Street Cafe and Coca Cola London Eye for Two
19. Afternoon Tea with Prosecco at Gordon Ramsay's York and Albany and London Zoo for Two
20. Four Course Michelin Star Lunch at Gordon Ramsay's Petrus for Two
21. Pre-Theatre Dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill and Theatre Tickets for Two
22. Five-Course Tasting Menu for Two at Gordon Ramsay's maze, London
23. The View From The Shard and Lunch for Two at Gordon Ramsay's Savoy Grill
24. Stalls or Dress Circle Theatre Show with Meal at Gordon Ramsay's Heddon Street Kitchen
25. Overnight Stay with Dinner for Two at Gordon Ramsay's York and Albany, London
26. Kitchen Table for Four at Gordon Ramsay's Heddon Street Kitchen, London